Skyy Hadley’s Recipe for the Ultimate Hydrating Coconut Scrub
(Perfect on nights after wearing heels all day, the perfect finale to your evening.)
- Begin by muddling a few fresh mint leaves in an empty jar to release their natural essential oils. This will help you relax while providing hydration.
- Warm up some coconut oil and pour into the jar until it is halfway full.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix in 1 tablespoon of sugar until the sugar is completely immersed in the oil mixture.
- Take a couple spoonfuls of the scrub and work into your legs and feet to fully exfoliate, sloughing away dead skin and smoothing out calluses, cracked heels and rough spots.
- The coconut oil will provide a great amount of moisture, leaving skin feeling smooth and supple.
- Also, be sure to rub on toe nail beds and in between toes to prevent nail infections and fungus (as coconut oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties).
Repeat 1-2 times per week for a moisturizing and revitalizing at-home spa treatment.
Skyy Hadley’s Luxury Rejuvenating Hot Cream At-Home Hand Treatment
(Your hands will thank you, and all of your #Manicure Monday pics will be taken to the next level)
· Remove all nail polish with a gentle polish remover
· Begin by sloughing off dead and dry skin from palms and backs of hands with a homemade sugar scrub (salt scrubs can be drying or irritating):
· Mix sugar, a few drops of vegetable glycerin and an uplifting essential oil like peppermint or rosemary in a medium-sized bowl.
· Gently rub hands together to scrub away dullness. Remove scrub with a warm wet cloth.
· Do NOT soak fingers in water, as doing so will actually draw the moisture OUT of your skin.
· Instead, heat up 2 plastic baggies full of a thick, luxurious cream and add a few drops of an invigorating essential oil such as tangerine, ylang ylang, or chamomile.
· Heat until very warm but not too hot, then place hands in bags for about 2 minutes, allowing moisture to penetrate the skin.
· Remove hands from bag and massage cream into skin, wiping off any excess.
· Your hands should instantly feel smooth and look radiant!
Enjoy Ladies ! Have a wonderful and fabulous holiday!