Fall has returned , but we don't have to let the new season change the appearance / texture of our skin. Below, you will find two DIY recipes (which are all natural) to prep as well as rejuvenate the skin for Fall.
For a Youthful glow Dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe suggests the use of avocados in the form of a face mask. Avocados are full of antioxidants and fatty acids known to reduce wrinkles - while the oils help hydrate dry , flaky skin ( cold weather is upon us).
Dr. Bowe's DIY Avocado Face Mask
Ingredients - Avocado, Honey
1. Take 1/2 Avocado and 2 tsp of Honey , and mash together until it gets to a paste -like consistency.
2. Spread a light coat of the mask over face and neck.
3. Leave on for 10 mins and rinse off using warm water.
Lush feet with Pumpkin - according to Skyy Hadley from As U Wish Nail Salon , Pumpkins contain "various enzymes that help nourish and brighten the skin, and just by adding raw sugar you have a perfect foot scrub."
Skyy Hadley's DIY Pumpkin Foot Scrub
Ingredients - 1 can Pureed Pumpkin, 1 cup Plain Yogurt, 1/2 cup Raw Sugar, 2 tablespoons Honey, 1/4 teaspoon Olive Oil
1. Mix pureed pumpkin in a bowl. Stir in yogurt, honey, sugar and olive oil.
2. Wash your feet in warm water, and while your feet are moist apply the scrub using your hands in a circular motion.
3. Massage the mask onto your feet for 10 minutes on each foot and remove with warm water using a washcloth.
Both of these recipes are perfect for a at-home pampering session - preferably on the weekend!