Come this Labor Day, Summer will OFFICIALLY be over! Everyone's plan is to have the most fun as possible as we bid farewell to the season. I put together this fun list of must haves ( some are for pre-weekend) to ensure you are at your most fabulous best this weekend!
- Jane Carter Solution Restore Product Line - Creamy Conditioning Cleanser ($30) - Smells great and does not strip the hair of its natural oils. Its great for co-washing which is faster and more appropriate if you need to do a quick wash over the weekend. Moisture Mist ($15) - ( which will be great to use all weekend long ) - You can use this mist at night before twisting or braiding your hair in sections and releasing them the next morning for that heat - free beach waves look. Last, but not least, Grow Great Hair ($15) - never too early to start the process of growing out your summer hair cut. Apply Grow Great Hair to the scalp in the mornings before you take your twists/ braids out, and again at night before bed.
- Sensai by Kanebo Intensive Hair Mask ($57) - Pre-Weekend ( I would say Thursday night ) Treat your locks to some extra care by washing your hair then applying this mask and let it set for a while. This conditioner leaves your hair beyond soft , and your hair smells great even 7 days later - its very saturating and moisturizing.
- EOS Lip Balms ($3.29) - in Summer Fruit and Pomegranate Raspberry. Celebrity Fans include Kim Kardashian, this 100% natural , 95% organic lip balm soothes lips and keeps them hydrated. Especially for example after constantly wearing those fabulous Matte Lipsticks and Lipstains, this is your saving grace. So small and compact and the round shape is so hygienic - you don't have to use your hands ( which carries tons of germs throughout the day. I like to include the EOS balms in my bedtime routine along my other skincare products. Just as important is your night cream / eye creams your lip balms are just as crucial. Partying all weekend is no reason to skip out on keeping our lips pouty and kissable!
- Mally Beauty Pro Tricks Lip Palette with Brush ($45) - This palette allows you to customize your lip color. This set comes with a Lightener; a Deepener; a Pearlizer; and nine lipstick shades in Modern Melon, Nudey, Buff, Orchid, Aubergine, Cheery Blossom, Big Apple, Brick, and Vixen , along with a lip brush. You save space by taking this palette along with you a ton of different lip colors. The added bonus is that you will have a one of a kind lipstick because you created the color yourself!
- Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 ($48) - Formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates , this all in one beauty balm (which comes in 7 shades - including Translucent) is designed to hydrate, prime, enhance, mattify, and protect skin in one single step. Less is more this weekend and why clog up pores with multiple products. I have skin that is prone to shine so I love anything that will give me the Matte effect.
- Hot Tea Toe Pedicure : which includes Green Tea Foot Soak + Sea Salt Mint Scrub - ($35 As “U” Wish Nail Spa) This Celebrity favorite ( Janelle Monae is a fan) is now offered at $35 on Fridays ( regular price is $50). Perfect way to kick off the Holiday weekend is with a relaxing Green Tea Foot Soak + Sea Salt Mink Scrub.
- Curel Itch Defense Lotion for Dry, Itchy Skin ($7.99) - Something I tend to have especially during the summer. Also great for eczema prone skin, and children 6 months and older.
Owner of As “U” Wish Nail Spa , Skyy Hadley gave a detailed "how -to" of the Hot TeaToe Pedicure . (Great for Thursday night while you have your Intensive Hair Mask in. )
You Will Need:
-Small foot tub (or large plastic bucket)
-Green Tea Bags
-Lemon Essential Oil
-Small Jar or Bowl
-Sea Salt (or Epsom Salt)
-Skin nutritive oil such as Olive Oil, Almond Oil or Jojoba Oil
-Fresh Mint Leaves
Green Tea Foot Soak: Soak 5 Green Tea Bags in boiling water for about 20 minutes. Pour into tub, add a few drops of Lemon Essential Oil and let feet soak for about 10-15 minutes. After your feet have been sufficiently soaked, buff away the dead skin on the bottom of the feet with a Foot File. Focus on your heels to remove extra dead skin and then push back cuticles with a Cuticle Stick- leave the cutting to the professionals! Rinse with warm water and completely towel dry. Sea Salt Mint Scrub: Add a few mint leaves into an empty jar and muddle to release their natural essential oils. Pour your oil into the jar until it is almost full. Fill half the jar with Sea Salt and mix with a spoon until salt is completely immersed in the oil mixture. Grab a spoonful of your scrub and work into legs and feet to completely exfoliate and remove dead skin.
Have a Happy Labor Day Weekend!