Both the "Chignon" and "French Twist" being classic / timeless hairstyles are no strangers to the runway , but Guido always finds a method in making something old something new. He did the very same thing with the Brooke Shields inspired "Side Braid" at Alexander Wang a few seasons ago. I really love both styles, and I intend on trying them both out. I know for a fact I will be more prone to re-creating the masculine "French Twist Quiff" , because it is very similar to how I usually wear my hair at times when I want it off of my face. The feminine "Sicilian-inspired Loose Twisted Chignon" looks very fun, and I find it to be a very sophisticated style interpretation of the classic style - which is intriguing.
Create the look at home :
Tools Needed :
Redken Products - layer lift 07 length elevating spray gel + forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Hair Extensions (in case you have short hair , but would like to create this look as well) - Optional*
Statement Earrings ( not neccessary, but I think it would be a nice pairing) - Optional*Four Large Rollers
Blow Dryer ( May I suggest the - Sultra Sophisticate Power Dryer , it dries hair instantly !!)
Hair Pins- Prep hair with layer lift 07 for extra body and volume and roll 4 large rollers in crown portion of head.
-Take out rollers and create a big beautiful blow with messy center parting to help prep for the updo making sure to blow dry the front bang portion forward over the forehead.
- Lightly twist sections on either side until they meet in the back of the head and secure with pins.
- Gather rest of hair and twist into a very loose chignon pinning into a swirled chignon.
- Let bits fall out naturally around the face.
- Finish with forceful 23 for added hold but spray lightly as to not look weighed down or heavy.
Tools Needed :
Redken Products - structure wax 17 + forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
- Prep hair with generous amounts of structure wax 17 classic styling wax.
- Leave out a section at the front and pin this up into the 50s looking quiff.
- Part on the side and gather hair at nape of neck and twist up toward top of head pinning as you go up. Until all hair is pinned in.
- Pull out bits on the side just in front of the ears and let drop down 2 inches to create 'sideburns' and then secure remaining end of hair back into the rest of the updo.
- Finish with heavy amounts of forceful 23 to hold the look in place.
For more information on where to buy the products listed above , check out http://www.redken.com/ and http://www.sultra.com/