Before you embark on your bikini waxing journey, please keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Exfoliate the area to be treated 24hrs before waxing, this will help remove any dead skin cells and allow a cleaner more comfortable wax.
- Wax on a regular basis, preferably every 4-6 weeks this will reduce the strength of the hair and in most cases reduce regrowth.
- If you have not been waxed before please ensure to have a patch test 48hrs prior to waxing.
- To enable us to achieve the best result possible we recommend at least 3 weeks growth to ensure a clean wax.
- If you have never been waxed before please don’t be nervous, our team of therapists are fully trained and perform this service everyday so please don’t feel embarrassed in any way.
- We also recommend that you refrain from shaving or using hair removal creams between waxing services as this will interfere with hair growth patterns and cause hair to become coarse in texture and may cause an increase in ingrown hairs in the area.
- As women tend to be more sensitive when premenstrual we recommend that you pencil in your appointment after this time to ensure treatment is more comfortable for you.
- Waxing is not suitable if you are currently using Glycolic Acid (It is important to check that this ingredient is not contained in your skincare homecare products especially for facial waxing) and if you are taking Retin A or Roaccutane within the last six months.
- Do not use body creams/lotions, perfumes or tanning products on treated area for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Do not sunbathe or use sunbeds 24hrs before treatment.
- Refrain from any excessive exercise after your treatment for at least 24 hours as your hair follicles will still be open and sweat may cause irritation or infection.
- Refrain from using steam rooms, saunas, hot baths, showers and do not spray hot water directly onto treatment area for at least 24 hours to avoid irritation.