|The tale of three nudes - Gloss, Satin and Matte Finish ..|
|Color Swatches of the three shades - excuse my liquid eyeliner handwriting..|
Finding the "perfect nude" that is suitable for dark skin is a struggle ... To my surprise .. Rimmel London has not one but THREE nudes that work well with me ( BEST PART - they're all under $6 !!!) , and they will work well with you too as all of these colors are universally forgiving. I honestly NEVER considered using cosmetic brands within this price point, as I feel they don't cater to women of color ( horrible past experiences), but it is a NEW DAY !! A Matte , a Satin and last but not least a Gloss that all pass my "nude test". When you are in the darker skin range, you have to be careful when trying out nudes/pinks that they go well with your tone or else you will just look like extremely awkward ( ie. as if you've been eating powdered donuts.) . You really get quality with budget friendly lipcolors, I am excited to try more shades in the Rimmel London line.
- Matte - Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in #113 ($5.49) This was my ABSOLUTE favorite of the three! It gives you the retro mod feeling with its pale matte texture, and although its a Matte, it is not drying at all. It gives the same color/ effect of other nude lipsticks three times its price. It is a universal matte nude ( which is RARE) as I am dark and it compliments my tone very well without giving that "powdered donut" feeling I mentioned earlier. This lipstick would be darling with a smokey eye - not the typical "black" - perhaps a smokey wine/ burgundy or even purple eye.
- Satin - Lasting Finish in Crush ($5.20) Although Crush photographed to look almost identical to #113. It is very different , first it gives a satin finish with a nice peachy / pink color. So this nude leads near the pink / peachy spectrum of nudes. Its very flirty, and looked amazing on Katy Perry at the Grammys , and I think it does not look too bad on myself either! Perfect peachy shade for Spring!
- Gloss - Stay Glossy in Unlimited Gold ($4.99) A girl has got to have her gloss! The pictures speak for itself , it gives a good amount of shine without being too heavy on the lips, and the gloss lasts for up to 6 hours. I am the type to start a evening out with one lip and end it with another, and this is the perfect nude gloss to have on hand to do that ! * This gloss would work well paired with either one of the lipsticks above - either as a top coat on your lips , or perhaps just in the middle of your lower lip for a ombre - nude effect. *
Five lucky readers will win the Nude of their choice.
- Comment under this post - Which Nude is your fave and would you want to try ( Make your comment as cheeky as possible. Email me as well along with your details.
- Share this post - via Twitter , Google +. etc..
- Follow Me and Rimmel London on Twitter , Like Them on Facebook, Follow Them on Instagram
- Tweet Me and Rimmel London " I've just entered the 3 Shades of NUDE by Rimmel London Contest" - The more tweets you tweet the more chances you have of winning.
- My favorite comments / Tweets / Emails will win , and will have a choice of the three lovely shades.
- Deadline for entries in March 31st, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Winners will be contacted via email April 3, 2013.
GOOD LUCK !!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway